Sunday, November 18, 2007

58 Cool Hacks...and more

Here are fifty-eight (58) cool hacks that are posted on the Linux Format Wiki. Some of these are actually cool and insightful. I plan on attemtping to regularly use a few of them. I'll let you know a bit later which ones they are and how well my implementation and usage goes.

Here is another good link. It describes in detail how to build your own distribution (build, not create, as you will build from a pre-existing Linux ISO file). If I'd enough time to do this, I would...maybe during my next holiday, I'll begin this, with the idea of making a seriously light yet secure distro.

This one is a good one, but I've only skimmed it so far. It is LinuxFormat's Slackware documentation. Since I know they are a bit biased in their views of Slackware (they seem to think that apt-get-like package management is a requirement and that the distribution is a bit 'behind the times'), I know I need to read this part of their wiki with some attention to detail.

No comments: